Sunday, April 10, 2011

I am not ashamed


I know this post is going to make you uncomfortable.
We don't like to make eachother uncomfortable. We don't like consequence or bad news.
But I'm glad my mom's doctor wasn't afraid to tell her the truth, wasn't afraid to make her uncomfortable...because there is still time! There is still hope!

This life.
What is the point?
I must point to Him. I must.
I must declare the longing I have in my heart for His truth, for His reign. I'm ready. I'm eager.
However, I'm burdened. I must share. But I don't want to make you uncomfortable.

Josh & I were given a glorious date night...we loved it, but ...
What is the point of date night? If not for fellowship & love... I know, I know.
But here we are...looking at random books, filled with distractions and
nonsense...just people's attempts at making a point.
So, I invest... $, precious time...I buy in. Its easy.
I look at faces...busy people. Precious people. Souls. Souls Christ died for.
I know the point and I want to shout it. Why don't I? Why don't I?

The car ride home...I explain the cry of my heart, the longing of my soul, the dreams I have of Zion. Glorious dreams. The bible paints a picture(truth) more amazing than any sci-fi novel on those shelves.

I want to be there with The Almighty God. I want to watch Him reign on this soil, our soil...on a throne.
Ruling in PERFECT justice.
There is NO ONE LIKE OUR GOD. The Alpha The Omega, The Beginning and The End.
This is truth...this is REAL. This is the point.

And I don't know how, or fully why...but THIS TIME MATTERS.
He says it matters.
Colossians 4
3 meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, 4 that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
5 Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Joshua 24:15
...choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”


Today determines if we will celebrate His reign or mourn it. Regardless... HE WILL REIGN.

Micah 4:7
So the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion From now on, even forever.

Here is a glimpse of my dream...

Revelation 21

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Choose Him today. Make Jesus your Lord of Lords. Today...right now. Live...live with me. He gives it freely, the price has already been paid. He died on the cross for your sins.
That is why I celebrate Easter. That is why I celebrate that beautiful display of love in death. He conquered death in my place. I have accepted the gift. Will you accept the gift and live FOREVER? The alternative is pain/torment forever. And hell is just as real as the heaven I long for. By doing nothing...you are choosing...death.

This is the point. This is the reason I was born...not to live a happy life in a home, married with 3 kids, and a fun job, or even suffer a tumor & cancer with my mom.
No.
I was born to worship Him and to speak His story.
And I'm afraid...I'm shaking.
But He compels me. He compels me to write for you.
I refuse to be ashamed of the gospel.
I refuse...because if you didn't know. If you didn't know...and something happened to you...
This is real.
He is real.
He is the point.
I know this post is making you uncomfortable.
We don't like to make eachother uncomfortable, we don't like consequence, we don't like bad news.
But I'm glad my mom's doctor wasn't afraid to tell her the truth, wasn't afraid to make her uncomfortable when they dianosed her with both breast cancer and a brain tumor...because there is still time! There is still hope!!
There is time for healing. There is time for repentance, forgiveness, and life.

Pray with me...
Father, I thank you for Jesus' death and resurrection.
I am a sinner and need forgiveness from a Holy God.
Please forgive me.
Lead me.
Show me your way. Teach me through your word, the bible.
Holy Spirit come into my life.
Please, be the point of my life.
Thank you gracious God.

Come to Easter service with me! Seriously. I would love it.
These are pictures of Gavin at Vacation Bible School this week...unashamed. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always Shelly, beautifully said, beautifully written. I love your strength and conviction...press on!!!