Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Big girl



My sweet little Grace.
I can't even write without smiling...picturing her wrinkled nose smile and bashful bowed head. My little girl, though small, makes an impact on any room she enters and on any heart that holds her.
She reaches for you... loves to be social, and loves a room full of girls. She wants to be in the middle, wants to be heard, will talk with you, play with you, reach for you.
She signs words like: More, All done, Eat, Milk, Please, Thank you, Beautiful, Hugs, Kisses...you know, all the important ones.
She says words like: Mama, Dada, Nana, Eh, UhUh...you know, all the important ones. :)
She can pull to stand, walk along the couch, but prefers to crawl fast.
She has the softest blonde hair and chubby little wrists.
She also has weak legs, a hole in the back of her throat, eczema, a g-tube, and silly little things like that.

Grace's life has always been an adventure. Its hard for me to write about. But, I must illuminate.
Taking care of Grace is a gift. Allthough, sometimes hard, a gift. It's something that God gives me stamina for.
Many of our days are full of yucky tubie stuff...throwing up because we pumped her food a little faster than her stomach could handle that day, a valve comes open and leaks all over the bed/couch/me...more laundry. We wake up again to find that the feeding we started last night had an error and she didn't actually get any food. She crys again unable to be consoled because of constipation. Another ear-ache/run to the dr./strand of anti-biotics. Anti-biotics means a diaper rash, and bleeding, but luckily no constipation for that week. 6 therapy sessions...translating to 3 days/week at the hospital. The valet's know us by name. We are on the VIP list and get free valet parking. Haha...who wants to be a VIP on the hospital parking list? ME! ME! haha I actually thank God for it everytime I pull in.

She is ALWAYS happy (unless her brother hits her or pulls her hair). She is always improving in her gross motor, fine motor, speech, and eating developments. What a gift. She laughs. She is funny. She dances from the waist up. She is so darn cute.
She is my daughter...my beautiful daughter.
She is my joy and I am so proud to be her momma.
Happy 2nd Birthday Gracie girl!!!!!

Romans 5
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Grace! She continues to be beautiful and growing so well! I miss her and am so glad to see her here, you do such a wonderful job Shelly!

love,
Victoria

Jenny Clark said...

Shelly, you have a beautiful little girl!! You inspire me so much!! You have such strength to handle so much!! So happy to see your little one is growing and is doing well!!! We are keeping your family in our prayers!!!

Nana Loves You said...

Shelly, My heart is so joyful and blessed when I see you with your Gracie! You are such a team in your crazy schedule bringing each other such love and laughter. You are blessed to have each other. Gracie makes me too live in the moment of her company...pure joy! Thank you for capturing her the way we see her! Love Momma

Nana Loves You said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Gracie! xoxo I love you! Nana