Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Breast Surgeon: Step 1


My sweet momma(you may spell it Mama...but I spell it Momma) had her long awaited appointment with the breast surgeon today. Her voice on the phone sounded exhausted. And because I'm her daughter...I know its partly physical but mostly emotional exhaustion. She hopes. She has always been hopeful as long as I've known her. Hopeful for my father. Hopeful for my sister. Hopeful in everything. But news is news. And hard news...exhausting.
So here is good news and bad. Allthough there really is no such thing when God is in control.

Good news: Out of 4 stages, 4 being the deadliest. She is in Stage 1.
Bad news: Out of 9 grades, 9 being the most aggressive/invasive. She is a 9.

She has a week of testing ahead of her...starting Monday. Please pray for endurance, peace, and 'good news'.
They estimate surgery to remove the cancer in 4-8 weeks.

Thank you dear friends for your incredible faithfulness in praying for my mom. Pleaes continue.

James 5:16
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

2 comments:

Ashley Tremaine said...

Shelly...(I'm over from Kelly's Korner)YOU are an INCREDIBLE woman/mom/daughter!! I am reading your blog in tears. You have such a beautiful family and each one of your posts is so inspiring and Christ-focused! I am so glad to have found such a wonderful blog...I will be praying for your strong mother and for you!!

Shelly said...

Thank you sweet Ashley! I am SO grateful for your prayers and so happy to meet you!! How cute is Kelly's Korner?! xoxo