Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dust



Ephesians 1:7
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,

I like to feel like I have it all figured out. I like to think that I know it all. But somedays I am EXTREMELY aware that I know nothing. Infact the only moments I grasp something...its a gift from God. His ways are higher than mine. How could I grasp a Holy God? I am so sinful. I battle my sin nature daily and fail daily.
Oh how I grasp for His forgiveness...how I run to His arms. I hate my sin that seperates us.
I'm humbled by failure. I'm humbled by His presence. I'm humbled when I worship. I'm humbled when God allows my prayers to fill His ears. I'm humbled that I don't know it all.
I'm grateful that I serve the God who does. I can rest in that. I'm grateful that He welcomes me, a sinner, into His presence. I'm grateful that He loves me.
God knelt down and formed me out of the dust of the earth. I am nothing without His life filled breath.
I am on a journey. A journey with Christ. I am learning and growing...all of which He does in me.
Thank you. Thank you Jesus.


Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

1 Peter 2
1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,[a] 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Psalm 130:3-7

3 If You, LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared.

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning—
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

7 O Israel, hope in the LORD;
For with the LORD there is mercy,
And with Him is abundant redemption.


No comments: