Thursday, May 7, 2009

Headed home!














Gracie did great today. She came out of her surgery just fine, sporting a new accessory. Thank you so much for your prayers.
I was an absolute wreck today. After being strong all these weeks, I could not hold it together, the tears just kept pouring down my cheeks. But, I have to admit tonight, I feel much better. The looming surgery is now over and I'm focused on her coming home. The plan is to discharge us on Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. Can you imagine a more perfect gift? Thank you Heavenly Father! I can't believe its actually here. My baby girl in my arms where ever I go...heaven!
I have to admit I hate the tube. Don't get me wrong, I love what it is doing for her and our family. But, it is awful. It really is. Everyone told us how small and unobtrusive it would be. I mean, on her tiny 6lb body it is huge (I'll post pics later). Oh well. Life goes on and we are so blessed that she is able to be involved in everyday life with us, as she should be. Please continue to pray for her eating and weight gain. These are still our greatest concerns when it comes to her health in the short and long term. If she can eat properly than this tube can go, sooner rather than later.
Thank you Lord for your peace and perfect plan. Thank you for Isaiah 41:10 Fear not for I am with you...
Our next post will hopefully come from home! Yay!!

No comments: