Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

Grace tends to take two steps forward and one step back when we introduce added feeds. Luckily she is remaining organized when she eats, its just her stamina that is lacking today. She is still eating all feeds and has done it without the tube for 48 hours now. However, she is struggling a little here and there getting her volume in and her weight has pretty much stayed the same for 2 days(5 lbs 14 1/2 oz's). This is better than we expected, but when your in it, it is hard to see past a bad feed. ;) We are hoping that all she needs is a couple more days to build stamina and then we can go home. The developmental team was reminding me today, how far she has come in just 3 weeks. It's actually pretty amazing.
I'm glad God is in control and not me, even though I like to think I am sometimes. :)That song "Peace, be still" is playing over and over in my mind.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

Shelly, found your blog and just wanted to know that I am praying for you and your family. Grace is so beautiful. God bless you! -Kimberly