Monday, January 10, 2011

I wish I could express


There is no one like My God.

I wish I could express what life is like walking with Jesus. Its amazing. Like...new adventures around every corner, a glimpse that He is directing my exact steps, a homeless man that becomes a friend, a tap on the shoulder when I'm selfish, a gentle correction when I'm wrong, like a quiet walk to the store with my dad to return what I've stolen, a hug when I'm overwhelmed, a conversation when I'm lonely, an army of angels sent to watch over my family while I sleep, an answer before my question. I think if you only knew how freeing and wonderful it is you would be walking right along with me.
I wish I could express.

Its His kindness that leads us to repentance...not the law. I'm sorry Christians have pushed the LAW on you. I now follow the law, in response to the gift of life, Christ gave me. I didn't follow the law first. I'm free. Christ died so that you can be free too...if you only would respond and believe.
Its the easiest thing you will ever do...He made it easy. A simple prayer of faith, a simple yes, and instant LIFE for eternity and to boot, a life that is fullfilling and full of hope. And He gives you His word, the Bible, as a precious guide. How could you refuse?

Your creator wants a relationship with you. Even more than a parent would want with their child.
When your laying in bed tonight...talk to Him. When its quiet and your seemingly alone...talk to Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you and He will respond. He wants you to come just as you are.
Jeremiah 29:12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.


And Faith...I was asked a couple weeks ago "How, how do you have faith that its all going to be ok?" At the time I gave a simple answer...but couldn't stop thinking about it all week.
It really comes down to God's trustworthiness...
He loves me more than anyone ever will.
He created me...so He knows me better than I know myself.
He promised me.

Like a child holding his fathers hand to cross the street, completely oblivious of the near misses that are all around him, he trusts his father. Why? Because he believes his father is trustworthy. His father loves him so much that he would jump in front of an oncoming car to protect his son. He would die for his son. And thats exactly what Christ did for you. He died, so that you could live.

Psalm 146

The Happiness of Those Whose Help Is the LORD

1 Praise the LORD!

Praise the LORD, O my soul!
2 While I live I will praise the LORD;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

3 Do not put your trust in princes,
Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth;
In that very day his plans perish.

5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth,
The sea, and all that is in them;
Who keeps truth forever,
7 Who executes justice for the oppressed,
Who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners.

8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind;
The LORD raises those who are bowed down;
The LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the strangers;
He relieves the fatherless and widow;
But the way of the wicked He turns upside down.

10 The LORD shall reign forever—
Your God, O Zion, to all generations.

Praise the LORD!

2 comments:

Erica and Jay said...

Beautiful post! It's been a blessing to see your relationship with Christ strengthened since I've know you.

Shelly said...

Wow. Thanks Erica. Thats the greatest compliment you could give. Isn't that the hope everyday? To grow closer to Him.