Wednesday, September 30, 2009

He will wipe every tear from their eyes.


I received really sad news today. I was at bootcamp with Jen, a member of the development team at CHOC and a good friend, and she told me that one of the babies that was in the NICU with Gracie just died. It instantly broke my heart and made me cry. Little Savannah wasn't just there at the same time. She was Gracie's little neighbor, she stayed right across the hall, and she had the most beautiful smile. When you live at the NICU, you become very close with your neighbors. This little girl had a really hard time and I remember praying for her and her sweet parents because I couldn't believe all that little Savannah needed. I remember all the love that the CHOC team gave to Savannah, and I watched them celebrate her little achievements. She had been in the NICU for 9 months and was so bored with her surroundings (can you imagine?). So, the nurses, would take her on walks around the floor and wheel her around on her little wagon. She was the sweetest little girl and I'm so glad we knew her and her amazing family.
I have to admit it instantly made me SO incredibly grateful for my time with my kids and especially little Gracie. God has been so good to us. He is so faithful and He heard my cry for Grace. I am so grateful for the amazing medical community at CHOC and so grateful for Gracie's continued care and monitoring.
The beautiful thing is that this baby is now with Jesus in heaven, & has a new body, with no more pain, no more struggle.
Revelation 21:3-5
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.


Please pray for little Savannah's family today, while they celebrate her short life at the memorial service today.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Shelly - it is sad. I took care of her a handful of times and she was so sweet - and so was her dear mother. She was a tough little fighter during her time. Thanks for the sweet post.
So glad also that Gracie is doing well. I hope it warms your heart that some of the other nurses have asked me how she's doing from time to time. We still remember so many of our little babies and think of them after they've moved on. :-)