Sunday, March 29, 2009

God's Grace

Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
Psalm 100:3-5












Grace Lily Young
3-24-2009
7:27pm
5lbs
18"
Blonde hair and Blue eyes

How is it possible to love someone so much? Its been 4 days and I'm absolutely smitten. This little girl, my little girl, this gift of God's grace to me...its overwhelming. It gives me a glimpse of what God's love for us must be. I honestly thought I could never love anything more than Gavin and now I know it is completely possible and it happened instantly. :)
We struggled with a name for 41 weeks and 2 days. We decided on Grace before she was born and when we saw her, we knew it suited her perfectly...thank you Lord for Grace. :) This little girl, though a peanut in size, is strong and so alert. She has her eyes open all the time, and she loves to be held. Her sounds are so freaking cute...so girlie and they make us laugh. Her cry is developing and its beautiful, except at 4am. :)
Ok, so everyone said that Gavin would seem so big in comparison to the new baby. Yah...I just didn't expect him to look like an 8 year old walking in the door. Oh my gosh...I am telling you. I almost didn't recognize him. I thought, how was I thinking you were my baby, just 2 days ago, you are huge!! I honestly thought... "Look at the size of that boys head!" He has been amazing in this transition so far, although maybe a little bored. We are so grateful, because we are EXHAUSTED. :) Thank you MOM for rescuing him and rescuing us this week!

No comments: