Friday, February 29, 2008

Today is the day of Salvation


II Cor. 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

II Cor. 6:2 is the verse that was given to Patsy today from one of the many friends who have been praying for Ole these past few weeks(months/years).
And then the most amazing thing happened tonight...Josh's grandpa, who has been seriously ill in the hospital JUST accepted the Lord in his heart tonight. During the prayer he said outloud "I believe", twice! It was the most beautiful thing. Our God is so amazing and so gracious! Seeing him in so much pain the last few weeks has been horrible, and I just kept thinking about him being in heaven and getting a new body and going to a place where there is no pain forever. I'm amazed at God's mercy. The nurses couldn't believe he had made it out of ICU last week, and I know it was a miracle so that he had time to know Jesus.

It reminds me of...

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

10"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.[a]
12"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

3 comments:

Nana Loves You said...

Truly awesome! The angels and all of heaven are rejoicing! What a blessing that we are going to see Grandpa Ole in heaven! I love all that Jesus does for us! And I love you, Shell! Mom

Karen Nelson said...

Thank you Lord!
After a couple weeks of praying, I'm now laughing and crying at the same time! Yippee!
I am thrilled for Ole and delighted for my beautiful Patsy and everybody else who call this amazing man brother, father, ole, friend. God is GREAT!
Sending Big Love.
Karen

Shelly said...

Grandpa Ole passed away shortly after I wrote this blog. Actually about a day later. We miss you Grandpa, until we see you again!