Thursday, June 9, 2011

Halle Berry hair




Isn't she beautiful...with her cute Halle Berry cut?? This was her transition cut, by tomorrow you will see her in a wig or hat. So beautiful.
Please pray for her as her 2nd round of Chemo starts tomorrow.

Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

I was so down this week. You know those weeks where the darkness seems to prevail and its hard tuning out the lies?
Pheww. Everywhere I looked seemed dark and hopeless.
Except His word.
His truth is never overcome by darkness. His word is always a light leading me out of painful misery.
I praise Him.
Psalm 103:
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

Isaiah 38:16
O Lord, by these things men live; And in all these things is the life of my spirit; So You will restore me and make me live.

Joel 2:25
25 “ So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten...


He is a gracious and merciful God quick to restore and I bless Him...O my soul, I bless Him.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

Shelly, just want you to know that are such an encouragement as you share your heart. We have gone through some dark places in the past year and truly, His Word is the only thing that sustains. Praise God for his truth! Praying for you and your mama...love in Christ, Kimberly

Erica and Jay said...

Your posts continue to shine Christ's light. Thank you! Your mother looks amazing, so beautiful! Our bible study continues to think and pray for your family.